NEOS Photon Smart City Lighting Management
The greatest benefit of NEOS Photon Smart City Lighting Management solution is high energy savings. 2% of the total electricity consumption of Turkey is spent on outdoor lighting. A total of 3940 GWh energy was spent for city/street/highway lighting in Turkey according to 2014 data form TurkStat. This amounts to TRY 1.3 billion annually in 2016 prices.
Lighting lamps are being replaced with LED lamps to achieve savings from these high expenses. It was determined that 40% savings were achieved accordingly in pilot areas in Turkey. In the examples from abroad, it is observed that total savings can reach 60-70% after a smart lighting system is installed in addition to LED lamps.
An important component of the Smart City concept, this system also offers advantages such as health, security and strategic usability in addition to energy savings. The platform has a very flexible structure as it is independent of brand and has one M2M support. NEOS Photon Smart City Lighting Management solution also benefits from designing and planning unlimited number of scenarios, working autonomously when necessary, collecting additional data other than lighting with the help of additional sensors, easy management and secure structure.
- IoT and oneM2M technology through GSM, network line and RF communications
- Structure which is independent of hardware brand and model
- Up to 70% energy savings
- Full remote control; turning on, turning off and dimming
- Scalable and expandable design
- Operation in autonomous mode and smart dimming control
- Ability to create and plan various scenarios
- Setting up wireless sensor network (WSN) throughout the whole city through additional sensors and collecting data for Big Data analysis
- Defining multiple system administrators at various authorization levels
- Offers energy saving through smart dim and automatic turn on/off.
- Reduces maintenance and operational costs through automatic malfunction and status notifications.
- Offers an environmentally friendly solution by reducing energy consumption and thus, carbon emission.
NEOS Advanced Metering Infrastructure
NEOS Advanced Metering Infrastructure is a cloud-based meter data management system that can remotely read and manage meters automatically, transfer the meterdata to a central system and store this data to enable reports in requested formats. As a cost-effective and flexible solution, the NEOS Advanced Metering Infrastructure has a modular structure that offers the customer only the required modules and makes the necessary integration.
NEOS Advanced Metering Infrastructure includes:
- Remote monitoring
- Smart measuring
- Reporting and analysis
- Alarm management
- Geographical positioning and mobile applications
- Data collection unit (modem)
- Specially designed panel for street lighting
- Detailed consumption tracking
- Live performance monitoring through control panel
- Reading, index, load-profile and customized reports
- Low operational-cost communication protocol of Netas
- Location-based modem and alarm display
- Identification of breaches
- Demand estimation
- Cloud-based, multi-user architecture
- Modular, scalable and expandable
Modem Meter Network
- Online data collection from all meters
- Detailed status information and live status control
- Ability to schedule all modem readings and modem settings
- Identification and monitoring of breaches and illegal uses
- Instant, monthly and annual consumption reports
- Consumption price monitoring and live budgeting
- Comparison of estimated and billed costs through energy unit price conversion
- Monitoring network signal quality and power cuts
- Alarm when agreement power values are exceeded
- Cloud-based architecture that eliminates customer investment (CAPEX)
- Significant reduction in total operational expenses (OPEX)
Automatic Demand Management
Electricity consumption fluctuates during the day or year. The consumption is reduced at night hours and reaches peak values at noon. In the conditions of our country, the consumption usually reaches peak values at noon and afternoon in summer. Also, electricity consumption can exceed well above normal values specifically at certain times.
The generated electricity must also increase in order to meet the increasing consumption. The generated electricity is always slightly greater than the consumption, however since it cannot be stored, the generated and unused amount is wasted. Sometimes the consumption demand is well above the total electricity generation capacity. In such cases, new power plants are required to meet the full demand which requires a large investment cost.
In order to provide a solution without any large investments, Demand Management system is implemented which is based on temporary shutdown of certain loads during extreme demand periods of users. The supplier pays these users an agreed sum in return for load-reduction. Thus, the power company does not have to make a new investment while the consumers receive extra income, eliminate involuntary power cuts and make savings.
- Automatic Demand Management is a new technology designed to prevent high investment costs.
- It is a new global trend in the energy industry.
- It is used for various purposes such as reduction of peak demand, filling low-demand times and load postponing.
- International standards of Demand Management communication were set with openADR.
- NEOS ADR is 100% compatible with openADR.
- Helps achieve balance between supply and demand.
- Prevents extreme energy consumption and offers additional income to participants.
- Reduces involuntary power cuts.
Smart Energy Management in Buildings
The Smart Energy Management solution enables automatic and efficient control of lighting, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and load control in buildings. In addition to achieving high savings by preventing unnecessary energy consumption, turning on/off and level adjustments are conducted in a smart manner to increase the comfort of building residents. For example, lighting and ventilation is turned off in an unoccupied room and when human presence is perceived in a room, the related devices are activated to ensure the required air quality and lighting level.
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) control
- Lighting control
- Load control
- Control of internal energy sources (solar panels, batteries, generators etc.)
- Compatible with wire and wireless technologies (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, etc.)
- Supports various data protocols (BACnet, Modbus, openADR, Smart Energy, etc.)
- Local and self-learning mode
- Easy integration and use of various additional sensors
- Provides significant energy savings in buildings.
- Reduces wear and tear rates and maintenance and repair costs of equipment with automatic control of indoor heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment.
- Facilitates building operations management and increases indoor comfort.
NEOS BrochureDownload NEOS Brochure