Transform Your Business with IoT
The Internet of Things is changing the future of industry. The era of the Internet of Things (IoT) has begun and its uses range from transforming business operations to new revenue generation.
Major Benefits that the IoT will bring:
- Comply with New Regulations
- Reduce or Avoid Costs
- Differentiate your Product or Service
- Generate New Reveneu Streams and Lower Operational Costs
What Is Happening in IoT World?
The IoT market, which has undergone rapid development in recent years, is expected to accelerate and grow, especially with the development on 5G and Industry 4.0 technologies. Parameters such as data width, high speed and low latency that 5G technology provides, are key technologies for M2M and IoT solutions and the key enablers for the market growth. Different IoT solutions in heterogeneous structure interact with each other to achieve end-to-end services for end users in connected world. Featured 'Smart' approaches are beginning to break into our lives such as innovative solutions in vertical sectors like Smart Cities, Education, Health and Energy.
One of the most fundamental challenges in providing IoT solutions is standardization. The standardization that can enable different IoT systems to interact with each other is a matter that needs to be provided, such as the safety requirements to be ensured and the necessity of the existing / new IoT systems to work in harmony with each other. As Netasş, we offer solutions to overcome these challenges and reflect our technological competence to the field in accordance with the sectorial fiction.
IoT Field Solutions
Site management of existing IoT / M2M infrastructures and introducing new applications compliant to standards are easy to implement with Netas IoT Solutions. Our IoT Gateway product is a flexible and scalable solution provider, which meets the next generation standards for management of all devices in IoT field applications.
IoT Cloud Solutions
With Netas IoT Solutions, the entire IoT infrastructure can be managed from a single center, and data infrastructure, security services, application infrastructure for verticals can be provided through a common platform. The Netas IoT Central Management Infrastructure is designed to be compatible with the next generation standards and to work with other solutions that can be integrated with existing systems as well as supporting the same standards.
Netas IoT Gateway
IoT Gateway – as defined as Middle Node in oneM2M standard – provides software services to allow integration of various protocol adapters in the south-bound direction towards the devices/sensors/actuators as well as north-bound direction towards different types of IoT Core/cloud platforms. The product offers a key building block to enable the connectivity of both legacy and non-legacy devices and next generation intelligent infrastructure to the cloud.
IoT Gateway provides the following basic services (including oneM2M Common Service Functions):
- Data Management and Repository (DMR) Function; The Data Management and Repository is responsible for providing data storage and mediation functions. It includes the capability of collecting data for the purpose of aggregating large amounts of data, converting this data into a specified format, and storing it for analytics and semantic processing. The data can be either raw data transparently retrieved from an M2M Device, or processed data which is calculated and/or aggregated by M2M/IoT entities.
- Discovery (DIS) Function; The Discovery searches information about applications and services as contained in attributes and resources.
- Group Management (GMG) Function; The Group Management is responsible for handling group related requests. The request is sent to manage a group and its membership as well as for the bulk operations supported by the group.
- Registration Function; The Registration is the process of delivering Application or Gateway information to another Gateway/Platform in order to use M2M/IoT Services.
- Security Function; The Security comprises the following functionalities: Sensitive data handling; Security administration; Security association establishment; Access control including identification, authentication and authorization; Identity management.
- Subscription and Notification (SUB) Function; The Subscription and Notification provides notifications pertaining to a subscription that tracks event changes on a resource (e.g. update/deletion of a resource).
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) ; Provides ability to run computing operations on itself as collected data is stored into File System and Database
- Scalability; Provides scalable software packaging based on environment
- Hardware Agnostic; The software stack can be installed on different type of hardware capabilities.
Netas IoT Gateway Key Functions
Netas IoT Gateway is designed to function as Middle Node/Middleware platform for IoT/M2M networks. The product is based on oneM2M standard but also supports generic requests with interworking proxy entities and performs protocol convergence. Key functions are listed below.
- Supported software (Ubuntu, Yocto, Raspbian etc. Linux distributions)
- Enabling connectivity for Ethernet, UART, 6LoWPAN networks
- HTTP and CoAP Protocol Binding
- Considering security with TLS, DTLS, Firewall and TPM
- Compliant with oneM2M standard
- IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Log Management with Multi-Language
Netas IoT Core Platform
The Netas IoT Core Platform is designed to be scalable in the dimensions of data, core services and availability for the needs of today's IoT applications, with many clients serving the same needs. The data architecture used (oneM2M) is so flexible that it can collect the information that many different devices produce, and can create the desired hierarchy between devices (e.g., sensors, triggers).
User applications running on the platform can organize their own data hierarchically in a tree-like structure, determine access permissions, access the open data of other vertical solutions by searching for the possibilities provided by the platform, and can interpret this data through meta-data. In a wide variety of application scenarios, the common platform allows different vertical solutions to work together. By keeping data and meta-data together, the necessary infrastructure for interoperability is provided. The applicability of the open data concept is one of the prominent features of the Netasş IoT platform. Clear data will deepen the ecosystem by involving other third-party software developers who will open up innovative solutions in many vertical industries such as smart city and agriculture.
Unlike traditional IoT platforms, the Netas IoT Platform can be configured to rescue data from the central hub and distribute it across devices on the field. In this distributed architecture, applications can also be run on the field devices. This allows the bandwidth and calculation requirements on the central unit to be shifted towards the sensors. This structure, in line with current fog calculation and mobile end calculation concepts, will reduce future operating costs and provide decision-making capability in emergency scenarios without a central unit. The Netas IoT Platform can be run quickly and smoothly on accepted cloud service providers.
- Scalable across data, core services and applications (micro service level, high performance data transmission)
- Ability to build hierarchies between devices, detectors and triggers
- Ready for open data applications
- Standard compatible data architecture (oneM2M)
- Fog and mobile edge capabilities (Distributed architecture)
- Semantic interoperability for different verticals
- Availability on accepted cloud service providers
- Cloud / Virtualization (NFV) support
- Easy to integrate, flexible adapter support
- Profile and Authorization interfaces
European Union Projects and Studies about IoT in which Netas is involved
ETSI / oneM2M
Netas is full member of ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and participating in working groups of oneM2M which was launched in 2012 as a global initiative to ensure the most efficient deployment of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications systems and the Internet of Things (IoT).
APPSTACLE (open standard Application Platform for cars and Transportation vehicles)
The Appstacle project aims to develop and use an integrated platform that will provide new business solutions and services for the automotive industry and a secure and open platform with 5G connectivity to cloud solutions, along with an application store and ecosystem running on it.
The proposed project includes an open and secure cloud platform that enables a wide variety of tools to connect to the cloud through in-car and Internet connectivity and is backed by an integrated open source software development ecosystem.
The ongoing project work under ITEA 3 continues with 21 partners from 5 different countries.
SteM (Secure Transactions and e-Medical Care)
STEM project will design and develop a viable "secure transaction & e-medical care" framework for the secure transactions of medical data and invoices connected with e-Medical care. By smoothly integrating the innovative IoT technologies into the existing e-Health solutions, the STeM platform will provide innovative solutions to the challenges of e-Health services such as interoperability, security, safety and scalability.
Besides developing a secure e-medical care framework, the IoT enabled STeM platform will also define generic enablers that can be used as a building block for new secure IoT based services in the telecommunication sector. These enablers will help service providers to rapidly develop new and innovative IoT based services, which will turn in new business opportunities for the sector.
Celtic Plus project activities are being carried out with 20 partners from 4 different countries in Turkey's project coordination.